Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:39:04 +0100
From:      "Gunnar S. Mikkelsen" <gunnar.s.mikkelsen@gmail.com>
To:        gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Firefox 34.0.5, 1 : libxul.so depends on noexisting libraries on my system

Hi!

I am sorry if I spam you guys with a question which is already answered or
if I simply have misunderstood something basic.

Firefox 34.0.5,1 cannot start on my machine because libxul.so seams to
depend on different versions of libraries than I have installed with pkg.

$ firefox
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/local/lib/firefox/libxul.so:
Shared object "libjpeg.so.8" not found, required by "libxul.so"
Couldn't load XPCOM.

$ pkg query %Fp jpeg-8_5 | grep lib
/usr/local/include/jpeglib.h
/usr/local/lib/libjpeg.a
/usr/local/lib/libjpeg.la
/usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so
/usr/local/lib/libjpeg.so.11  <-----------------------
/usr/local/share/doc/jpeg/libjpeg.txt

There a severeal other mismatches like this, for instance  does libxul
depend on "libogg.so.0", but on my system

$ pkg query %Fp libogg-1.3.2,4 | grep "/usr/local/lib"
/usr/local/lib/libogg.a
/usr/local/lib/libogg.la
/usr/local/lib/libogg.so
/usr/local/lib/libogg.so.8            <----------------

My packages are installed from default pkg repositories, my
/usr/local/etc/pkg.conf file is emtpy.

Can you please explain to me why firefox linked linked to different
packages than those provided by pkg?

$ uname -a
FreeBSD tilt.glimmernet 8.4-RELEASE-p19 FreeBSD 8.4-RELEASE-p19 #0: Mon
Nov  3 17:09:45 UTC 2014
root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
i386

I would also like to say a big "Thanks" for providing the execellent
browser firefox to FreeBSD!

Kind regards

--
Gunnar S. Mikkelsen