Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 14:24:49 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Monitor "streaking" ...

The Hermit Hacker:
 |For lack of a better word ... I have a Samtron 19" monitor with an NVidia
 |video card (GeForce2, I think) ... in X, I'm getting a weird "streaking"
 |effect I've never seen before ...

Sounds similar like what I used to see with my straight 15-pin VGA cables
running high resolutions and refresh rates.  I'd describe it as "color
echos".  Terrible for text.  Switching to BNC cables cleared it up.

Also have read about text clarity issues with NVidia GForce* cards (some
net folks that spend alot of time with text dumped them for other cards
with clearer text).  Haven't seen this first hand so I just mention it as
something you might want to investigate...

Randall

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb@nc.rr.com