Date:      Fri, 02 Feb 2001 05:38:17 GMT
From:      "James" <daemus@oregonfast.net>
To:        "Dan Langille" <dan@evilcode.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: ufs_dirbad: bad dir

What part of the kernel install did it panic on? (if you even saw that part)
Have you tried booting the previous kernel? I'm not sure if it'll even
boot... but, you might want to try that.

You might also wanna try installing the same /kernel and /modules that you
were when it panic'd, while you have the drive mounted on another box.

Just an idea or two.