Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 15:53:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        okazaki@be.to (OKAZAKI Tetsurou)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xflame missing nanosleep in 2.2.8

According to OKAZAKI Tetsurou:
> Hi,
>
> At Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:31:06 -0800 (PST),
> Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org> wrote:
> >   Does anybody know if we are missing a nanosleep() library call in
> >   FBSD-2.2.8?  Is this in 3.X, or is nanosleep() a Linuxism?  A new
> >   X11R6 addition?
>
> The nanosleep() function is a POSIXism:-). Online man page says that
> 3.X and 4.0-current both provide nanosleep() as a system call function.
>
> In 2.2.8, nanosleep() is implemented in the libc_r though undocumented:

	Hmm.

	A recursive grep finds it is libc/gen, #ifdef THREAD_SAFE.
	The call is, yes, is libc_r.

> bash$ uname -r
> 2.2.8-RELEASE
> bash$ locate nanosleep
> /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_nanosleep.c
>
> So maybe you have to pass the flag '-pthread' to the compiler.

	No, because it (nanosleep()) is missing from existing libraries.
	I could back-port this, but that's too much mousing around--
	cutting and pasting.   :-)

	I generally argree with things-POSIX, but this time it's
	irksome.

	thanks for the insight,

	gary

--