Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:04:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      der_julian@web.de
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Create linker.hints at boot

On 17-Mar-2003 Crist J. Clark wrote:

>>     if (!strcmp(a,b) {
>>         printf("same\n");
>>     }
>
> I don't see what that code snipit has to do with the script (but I am
> in the camp that would go ahead and waste the four bytes of source
> code to write that as (strcmp(a, b) == 0)).

The latter is clearly preferable (at least in my eyes), since I dislike the
idea of zero being false etc. I think it depends largely on the programming
background. Mine is based on Assembly language and (Common) LISP. So I have a
hard time getting along with boolean expressions on integer results. :)

The script example on the other hand is quite readable either way.

Regards,
Julian Stecklina