Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:29:33 +0300
From:      Iulian M <eti@erata.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        jamie@bishopston.net
Subject:   Re: linux-flashplugin dependency on linux-base ( was: flash7/firefox plugin no longer registers)

--nextPart1389701.cqhLpaDycJ

Hi

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 17:01, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> If you use linux-flashlugin with www/linuxpluginwrapper,
> then you don't need the linux emulation at all (neither
> linux-base nor the kernel module).
>
> However, if you use linux-flashplugin natively (with a
> linux browser), then both are required.

Yes, but the linux-flashplugin does NOT require linux-base, if you use it w=
ith=20
a linux browser then the linux browser will require linux-base and the kern=
el=20
module. So, keeping in mind that linux-base is no small port, i would sugge=
st=20
removing the dependency on linux-base from linux-flashplugin .=20

Iulian M.
http://www.erata.net
=2D-=20
I like your game but we have to change the rules.