Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:20:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "A.J. \"Fonz\" van Werven" <a.j.werven@student.utwente.nl>
To:        Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Development interface and editor

Jorge Biquez wrote:

> - Can you comment about what GUI interface do you use (if any) for
> PHP Development?
 [snip]
> - Can you comment on what editor do you use for PHP development?
> (yes i know is a matter of what you like

That last remark sums it up pretty well. Opinions are like smelly brown
assholes: everybody's got one.

A quick sniff of my rear end though: I stay away from GUIs as much as I
can, the only GUIs I ever really liked were those Borland C/C++/Pascal
thingies and that was well over a decade ago, when people were actually
still using MS-DOS ;-) (go figure)

Editing is done in Vim, no exceptions. It's perhaps a bit hard to learn
initially so it may not be your thing, in which case you may like
(X)Emacs instead. Perhaps they've fixed some of the resource hungriness
by now :-) (/me ducks for cover)

I'll leave it a this before this thread turns into the 666,666,666,666th
editor-flamewar. You may be opening a can of worms here, but good luck
anyway.

Regards,

Alphons

--
The sky is not the limit, the ground is. Now shut up and jump.