Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 2004 12:25:35 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Lupe Christoph <lupe@lupe-christoph.de>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: [kris@FreeBSD.org: cvs commit: ports/sysutils/munin-node Makefile]

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 11:09:21AM +0100, Lupe Christoph wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I don't understand why you had to do this. I PR'ed a patch that corrects
> this on 20. November. I updated this PR after some discussion with
> Sergey Matveychuk on 26 November. Nothing has happened since then until
> you choose to mark the port broken rather than patch it.
>=20
> I have already two jobs and have very little time left. Nevertheless I
> sacrificed my precious free time to follow up on Sergey's mails in a
> timely manner. I fail to see what else I could have done to prevent
> munin-node from being marked broken.

It's not a reflection on you at all, you already did your part.  But
the simple fact remains that the version of the ports in the ports
tree *is* broken, and users *will* encounter problems if they try to
build it.  Marking the port BROKEN is a courtesy to the users, so they
don't waste time on a futile exercise.

Thanks for submitting the fix so quickly, and sorry it hasn't yet made
it into the tree.

> Lupe Christoph
>=20
> PS: Your key is expired:
> gpg: Signature made Sat 04 Dec 2004 03:12:46 AM CET using DSA key ID 68E8=
40A5
> gpg: Good signature from "Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>"
> gpg: Note: This key has expired!
> Primary key fingerprint: E65D 0E7D 7E16 B212 1BD6  39EE 5ABC B405 68E8 40=
A5

You can fetch an updated copy by fingering kris@FreeBSD.org or the
handbook (the copy on the public keyservers is corrupt, and I cannot
update it).

Kris

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN--