Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 20:25:18 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Knobs in /etc/sysconfig

> (Unless I'm mistraken, the 'x' is a historic wart, and test can now handle
> empty arguments...)

Sorry, historical habit with the sh code I write.. :-)

> Please ensure that the default "yes" values are documented in the comments
> preceeding each knob; preferably in some standard format, eg:
>
> # default: <value>

Sounds reasonable..  We still need to go through and ethnically clense
our handling of variables in general, actually.  It would be nice if
there was a STANDARD NAMING CONVENTION that told one whether or not a
given variable was a Boolean, a list of arguments, a list of things
that had their own sub-variables (like the network_interfaces var),
etc.

Probably the time to do that is now before it gets too big, but I'm
also not going to hold my breath.  It's work.

					Jordan