Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 95 05:49:18 EDT
From:      ctassell@isn.net (Charles Tassell)
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Starting Out

  I'm just starting out on setting up a provider using FreeBSD and would like
some "specifics" on what I need in the line of hardware.

  What I mean by specifics are what network interfaces, do I need a seperate
machine for a router, what brand of multi-port serial card will work best with
FreeBSD and support around 10 modems (or what would be a better alternative to
a multi-port serial card)  A pointer to a FAQ would be much appretiated, as I
have never set up a network from scratch...

  BTW: Here are the particulars of the provider:
		560K line to the internet
		Starting with 5-10 dial in PPP lines and a couple of direct 			56K feeds to
customers
		Limited host access (shell style accounts)

  Thanks!

Charles Tassell  -  ctassell@isn.net
http://www.isn.net/~ctassell/index.html
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the least....