Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 1996 10:36:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        rcj@c-edv.de
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: different receipt, but same alias

On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Rudolf Christel wrote:

> i have two user, which want the same alias. How can I select to get
> the mail to the correct address.
>
> both are local addresses. but if it necessary this could be a machine
> of its own.
>
> user 1
> support@master.host.domain
>
> user 2
> support@host.domain.

So you want to forward one to the other?

If those two are the same machines, it should probably have a MX record
(just don't ask me how!).  Otherwise, put a file called ".forward" in the
home directory of support on the machine you want to NOT receive the
mail, and put the email address of the user you WANT to receive the mail
in it.  Then the mail will be forwarded from one account to the other.

Or you could set up a mail alias in /etc/aliases like so:

support:support@master.host.domain

if the user called 'support' doesn't exist.