Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:54:37 -0800
From:      Craig Burgess <craig-burgess@home.net>
To:        bill fiore <dollarbilfjr@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need pci  nic driver ???

It depends on which D-Link nic you have (see below).  You will have to
build your kernel to provide support if you have a supported device.

---------------
from "Hardware compatibility"
VIA Technologies VT3043 ``Rhine I'' and VT86C100A ``Rhine II'' fast
ethernet NICs including the Hawking Technologies PN102TX and D-Link
DFE-530TX

Sundance Technologies ST201 PCI fast ethernet NICs including the D-Link
DFE-550TX
---------------
from LINT:

# The 'ste' device provides support for adapters based on the Sundance
# Technologies ST201 PCI fast ethernet controller. This includes the
# D-Link DFE-550TX.

# The `vr' device provides support for various fast ethernet adapters
# based on the VIA Technologies VT3043 `Rhine I' and VT86C100A `Rhine
II'
# chips, including the D-Link DFE530TX.

craig