Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 17:10:48 -0500
From:      steve farrell <spfarrel@midway.uchicago.edu>
To:        terry@lambert.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   JDK

> I'm sure this has been asked before, but I must have missed it.  Is it
> possible to run Linux ELF binaries under the FreeBSD Linux emulation?  If
> so, how much do I need to upgrade my 2.1R setup to make it work?  Want to
> run the Java devkit, but it's all ELF.

[clip]

>Otherwise, run a non-bugfixed version (like b2), but don't go out on
>the net with it.

--i see  -- i guess i didn't read very carefully.

so what's the story with this (clip from alta-vista):

JDK 1.0 port to FreeBSD
      JDK 1.0 port to FreeBSD. Announce. I have ports of the JDK 1.0 using Green threads, pthreads, and
      uthreads. This port I'm releasing uses Green threads and...
      http://toody.sicc.co.kr/~sjwhang/java/fbsdjdk1.htm -

but when i look around at this guy's site, i see a bunch of good
references, but no JDK for FreeBSD -- what happened there?

also, what exactly is the status of running JDK for linux on FreeBSD.
does it happen with -current?

finally =), how about WordPerfect/Linux on FreeBSD, is that working
yet?  (maybe i'll check out -emulation and see if i might be helpful
there, seeing as i do have a copy of it.)

--thanks, steve farrell