Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:33:48 -0800
From:      Luke Cowell <luke@storydriven.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dig/named - res_nsend: Protocol not supported

Hi I'm running FreeBSD 4.9 and I'm having a little difficulty with
named/dig.

%uname -a
FreeBSD polo.asap.bc.ca 4.9-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p1 #1: Thu
Feb  5 16:23:04 PST 2004
root@polo.asap.bc.ca:/usr/src/sys/compile/POLO  i386

Here's what's happening.

%dig @localhost

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> @localhost
; (2 servers found)
;; res_nsend: Protocol not supported

So, I did some reading this is an error that is coming up for those
trying to enable IPV6 on their system. I'm not trying to do that , so I
got the idea to re-enable IPV6 in the kernel. Well, what do you know, I
know get normal output when issuing a dig command.

My question is what do I need to have IPV6 enable ? Is it some
configuration option of named that I overlooked ?

Luke