Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:09:43 -0500
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        David Blackorby <david.blackorby@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:55:10 -0800 you wrote:
> I am running freebsd 5.2-release, and I am trying to do an update
> on a fresh install.
>
> I try to do a "make world" but it won't let me. It says it's an
> invalid command.  Am I missing something.  Thank you. And of
> course, I am obviously pretty new to bsd.  Thanks.

Hi David,

Welcome to FreeBSD ;-)

The charter for this group precludes anwsering technical questions.
Technical issues should be directed to freebsd-questions.  Many of
the experienced users don't read this list and they can provide the
best answers.  We don't want to be newbies leading newbies here.

That being said, I'd like to point you to the Handbook section
on updating:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

Follow the instructions there and if there is anything that is
not clear or you have questions about, just email
freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org .  I'm sure you'll find people
willing to help.

Best regards,

Randy