Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 20:23:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Feldman <protozoa@ghs.ssd.k12.wa.us>
To:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, Matthew Luckie <mjl@SDSC.EDU>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syscall kernel modules on 3.0-release

Hmm, I have exactly the same situation, a mission-critical server that
can't be taken offline to do an upgrade. It's running 3.4, but with a few
binaries from 4.0 that I needed to make our CGIs work (development is done
on 4.2 :).

Anyway, for the kernel it MIGHT be possible to "borrow" one from a nearby
4.0-series machine, install it, and reboot, taking the machine offline for
a couple of minutes. This is obviously a bad idea, since userspace will
still be 3.0, but it's something to think about.

Sorry this is so OT.

	-- Dan Feldman