Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:08:41 -0500
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?SXZhbiBaZW56ZXJvdmnEhw==?= <zenzof1@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New to FreeBSD

Ivan Zenzerović wrote:
> Hi to all.
>
> My name is Ivan and I'm new to FreeBSD and Unix, I worked a little in
> Linux, but it was a long time ago. I downloaded the 5.5 release and I
> plan installing it. I downloaded also all availible docs. I wondered
> if it is ok to start with this.

6.2-RELEASE would be a better choice.

> And, also, I have an integrated GPU,
> it works well on FreeBSD?

More than 90% of them do; I don't know about all of them.  You might
try a FreeBSD live CD (such as "FreeSBIE") and see what kind of
performance you get.  I think that a new FreeSBIE is out based on
FreeBSD 6.2 --- you could check at www.freesbie.org.

Good luck!

Kevin Kinsey