Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 01:51:44 +0200
From:      Marius Sorteberg <marius@overalt.no>
To:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to remove Kerberos from base install

Thanks for your reply.

> > How do I remove KerberosIV and Heimdal from my base install?
> > I know it's OK to delete all files related to the old Kerberos apps, but
> > how do I know witch files do delete?
>
> I have two suggestions:
>
>   (1) Have a look at what is installed by
>         cd /usr/src/kerberosIV && make install
>         cd /usr/src/kerberos5 && make install

OK! I will try that to morrow.

>   (2) Look at the contents of the krb4 and krb5 dists on the CD-ROM.

OK! I'll compare that too.

> > I have included this in my /etc/make.conf, so it wount be build during
> > the next make world.
> >
> > MAKE_KERBEROS4= false
> > MAKE_KERBEROS5= false
>
> I suggest you comment these out.  These bits are only built if you
> define MAKE_KERBEROS4=yes and MAKE_KERBEROS5=yes in /etc/make.conf.

Are you sure? I tought that the "#NOCRYPT= true" in the
/etc/defaults/make.conf, made the build world make all the src/crypto apps
(including Kerberos).
I tought that when not comment out the "NOCRYPT= true", but add
"MAKE_KERBEROS(5)4= false", it would build OpenSSL and OpenSSH, but not
KerberosVI and Heimdal.

I'll report back to the list after doing some tests.

-- Marius Sorteberg