Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 09:13:51 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Wei Weng <wweng@stevens-tech.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: better xterm for freebsd?

On Tue, Oct 07, 1997 at 10:59:35AM -0400, Wei Weng wrote:
> I got that scroll bar part now. :) thanx

Good

> But i still can't see any color in my xterm. I already set up
> TERM=xterm-color; export TERM in my .profile file. But it doesn't seem to
> work.

How are you telling?  What colour-aware programs have you been using?

> Is there any other way to do it?

No.

> And where can I find nxterm or color-xterm to download?

You should be using version 3.2.2 of XFree86.  Otherwise pick one up
at ftp.xfree86.org.

> And what surprised me is i found XTerm-color file in
> app-defaults. Does it mean you can actually use xterm-color in
> freebsd?

First, the app-defaults contain information, not programs.  The fact
that there is an entry there doesn't mean you have the program.  And
yes, of course you can use xterm-color.  Either this is a separate
program, in which case you need to find it, or, as I suspect, it's the
standard xterm.

> (or why it gives you a default settings?)

Maybe you need to rename it to Xterm if you want to use colour.

Greg

--
Greg Lehey                       LEMIS
grog@lemis.com			 PO Box 460