Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:24:05 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm@inbox.lv>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsdb and portupgrade causes errors

On Thursday 23 December 2004 09:59 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 09:42:37PM -0800, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> > >run make fetchindex not make fetch index from /usr/ports
> >
> > Out of curiosity, why isn't the index included in the update
> > normally?
>
> It changes dozens of times per day, and the deltas would be enormous.
>
> Kris

Way back when, I used to get the INDEX when running cvsup unless
I put it in the refuse file. Of coarse it was old and useless so one was
better off building their own INDEX.  So why cant we just receive the
INDEX like we used to, but unlike before, l have it updated as often as
is being done now?

-Mike