Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:25:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dhesi@rahul.net (Rahul Dhesi)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI retries without errors in /var/log/messages?

At various times, on various machines, I have observed a situation where
SCSI hardware responds very slowly.   I suspect that many recoverable
SCSI errors are occuring.  But no error messages are logged in
/var/log/messages.

Is the above possible?  Or should I expect that if no error messages are
logged, then excessive SCSi retries are not occurring and I should look
elsewhere for the cause?

I am currently logging

  *.notice;kern.debug

to /var/log/messages.  This is sufficient to cause all recoverable
SCSI errors to be logged, is it not?

The above question is intended for both 4.1-STABLE and 3.5-STABLE.
--
Rahul