Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 1996 16:00:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K.V.S. Sankaram" <kasturi@teil.soft.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "named" daemon

	* The "named" domain was not configured initially on my FREEBSD
machine.

	* After I configured it to run, by making changes in the
"/etc/sysconfig" file, commands like "arp -a", "netstat -r", "telnet", & "ftp"
are taking a lot of time to get executed. However, the "ifconfig -a" command
is getting executed immediately, as usual. I have not tested other network
related commands. So, I cannot say how they are getting executed, after
configuring "named".

		What is the reason for this change ?

						-- K.V.S. Sankaram