Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:57:55 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: call forwarding

From the keyboard of Guido van Rooij:

> I am wondering if it is apossible to use a ISDN card to enable callforwaring.
> We have a setup where an i4b powered card shares an ISDN line with a
> simple switch. If I want to enable a call forwarding using the normal
> phone, I have to dial *210*<tel># to enable it.
> However, I cannot use isdnphone to do so, as it contains non-digits.
> So how would I enable this from the commandline?

Usually keystrokes like "*210*<tel>#" are used tell a PBX or the exchange
to configure/enable/disable services provided by them.

One way to accomplish this is to use the D-channel Keypad Protocol to
transport the characters "*210*<tel>#" from the telephone to the PBX/Exchange
but some other (on PBX'es likely proprietary) protocols to do this exist.

The keypad protocol is not implemented in i4b but it looks like is
relatively easy to implement.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77