Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:56:23 -0400
From:      Caleb Haley <chaley@netdot.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WTF

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 18:33:21 -0500 (CDT), Chris Byrnes wrote:
>
> >I'm running 3.5-STABLE.
> >
> >Recently, my server has started rebooting, at random times, usually
> >actually quite religiously about every 2 days.
> >
> >I thought it might be a RAM problem.  Replaced with brand new RAM.
> >Same problem.
> >
> >Any ideas, at all?  Pllllllllllllease.

man...the same thing was happening to me a few months ago, so i went
to the store to buy new ram, but all they carried were 256meg dimms,
which was definitely more than i needed.  i bought it anyway.  it
didn't do the trick.

i came to discover that the reboots were happening because my power
supply was cutting out due to the copious pile of cathair on the power
supply intake vent.

either cheap pc power supplies or cats should be more tolerant to
overheating.

--
caleb haley <chaley@netdot.net>