Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 05:19:32 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Greg Skafte <skafte+freebsd-current@trollkarl.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI-PCI Bridge Problems

> I cvsuped current ~2000/12/11 @ ~ 22:00, the previous version was
> from around 2000/12/07.  Before the update my Dual intel nic was
> happy .... post update the nic isn't even probed.
>
> attached is a pciconf -v -l from before and after as well as a
> a boot -v from after.  If you need more info let me know and I'll

Actually, I take some of what I said back.

> pcib1@pci0:13:0:	class=0x060400 card=0x000000dc chip=0x00241011 rev=0x03 hdr=0x01
>     vendor   = 'Digital Equipment Corporation'
>     device   = 'DC21151/2 PCI-PCI Bridge'
>     class    = bridge
>     subclass = PCI-PCI
> pcib1: <PCI-PCI bridge> at device 13.0 on pci0
> pcib1:   secondary bus     6
> pcib1:   subordinate bus   6
> pcib1:   I/O decode        0x60000-0x60fff
> pcib1:   memory decode     0x0-0xfffff
> pcib1:   prefetched decode 0x0-0xfffff
> pci1: physical bus=6
> pci1: <PCI bus> on pcib1

There are bugs in the code you're running that I fixed tonight, but even
so the decode registers there look *totally* wrong.

Please cvsup and try again; I'm just about to commit some patches to the
bridge code that should at least get that part right, then we'll see
what's still going on.  Sorry about this.

Regards,
Mike