Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:06:55 +1100
From:      Torbjorn Tornkvist <tobbe@serc.rmit.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        veldy@visi.com
Subject:   Re: Typical space to build 2.2-STABLE?

> I only have a minimal installation on this machine (2.2.8),
> as it only is a firewall/gateway for my home.

If you had the same (2.2 or 3.0) system on both machines I guess
it would be much easier. I upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.8 on my second
machine, which is a 486 with a 210 Mb HDD, by NFS mounting
/usr/src and /usr/obj and then running make installworld,
as described in:

http://www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world/make-world.html

It worked perfect (which surprised me... :-).

So, why can't you install a minimal 3.0 system on your 486 and do
the same trick as I did ? (I assume you have 3.0 on you main machine)

/Tobbe , tnt@home.se