Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:08:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        <jerry@thehutt.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: buildworld error during 'stage 1: bootstrap tools' (yyfix)

Some time in the recent past Jerry A! scribbled:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:48:13PM -0500, Christopher J. Michaels
> wrote: : FreeBSD cartman.lan.27in.tv 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #6:
> Tue Jan 29 22:51:31 EST 2002
> root@cartman.lan.27in.tv:/usr/local/obj/usr/local/src/sys/CARTMAN  i386
> :
> : Hello,
> :
> : CVSup'd as of several minutes ago (14:40 EST).  My buildworld is
> dying : VERY early trying to install "yyfix".  The complete output is
> listed : below.
>
> [snip]
>
> : install: /usr/local/obj/usr/bin/yyfix: No such file or directory :
> *** Error code 71
> :
> : Stop in /usr/local/src/usr.bin/yacc.
> : *** Error code 1
>
> Are you by any chance setting MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX in /etc/make.conf.  I
> had this problem last night.
>
> I changed the line from:
>
> "MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX= /obj" to "MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX?= /obj" and everything
> worked fine.

Freakish... I've had that option in /etc/make.conf as long as I've had an
/etc/make.conf, what changed?  Actually, I never quite understood what "?="
meant.

> Hope this helps...
>
>        --Jerry

Thanks.

--
Chris

"I'll defend to the death your right to say that, but I never said I'd
listen to it!"
     -- Tom Galloway with apologies to Voltaire