Date:       Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:04:55 -0400
From:      Martin Aherron <martin@cybernetics.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ISP support for WWN

Matt -

I was looking over the isp driver in both -stable and -current. I have not
really dug
in yet but it appears that you are adding the ability to wire (if that is
the proper FreeBSD terminology) a particular WWN to a device name. If I am
correct - what is the status of that functionality? I have only worked with
-stable up till now so I can't run a quick test.

Assuming this feature is available/coming soon has any discussion occurred
about
some mechanism for supporting hot swap of FC devices, without rebooting,
such that the new device shows works with the previous device name?

I am specifically thinking of a tape library with multiple native FC tape
drives.
The drives currently do not allow hard addressing. If a drive needs to be
replaced the replacement drive would need to show up as the old device to
keep any application software/scripts happy.

Thanks for the time.