Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 15:19:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Latest SNAP - inst.problems (PCI/BT946c).

	Hi there folx,

I tried to install the latest SNAP on the P-90/PCI/BT946c SCSI controller.

Everything went pretty smoothly , till I was asked to remove a CPIO floppy and
	reboot from HDD.

I saw the boot prompt, system started loading kernel text, data - and it went
very quickly, but then stopped on symbols loading message ...
Very weird : the bar which revolves when there is loading activity, was
revolving for a moment, then stopped for  few seconds and the same stuff
again - in a loop. Ad finitum,but I only waited for few minutes.

I reinstalled the system - but the same thing occured again :(

So finally I decided to install old SNAP - 020295.
And it worked out w/o any problems - I was able to run "bin" install thru ftp.

	Any clue ? Personally I think that latest SNAP ( 0412 ) have
	much more problems with ( at least ) installation phase, than
	one from February - looking at the letter we have here at
	questions@ and hackers@

	PS
the motherboard is Intel's , though the brand name  of the PC itself
is absolutely unknown to me.