Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 22:04:48 -0400
From:      Otter <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        Chris Moline <chris@theboss.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Getting My Cirrus Logic Modem To Work

Chris,
In your favorite M$ operating system, fire up hyperterm, or any other
terminal app and connect to your modem. Type "AT" to make sure you get
an OK.
ATI codes will give you plenty of info on your modem. ATI1, ATI2,
ATI3, etc. Generally, ATI7 will give you the most info, from what i've
seen. But try them all. If you see any reference to WinModem, you know
you bought the wrong modem.
 Look on the Cirrus web site for specs on it. See what operating
systems it supports. Chances are that FreeBSD won't be on that list,
but the key is to look for any OS other than M$. Hope this helps...
-Otter