Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2012 11:42:18 -0500
From:      Jason Wohlford <jason@wohlford.org>
To:        Alan Hicks <ahicks@p-o.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, decke@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mythweb

On Jun 19, 2012, at 1:00 AM, Alan Hicks wrote:

> On 19/06/2012 03:00, Jason Wohlford wrote:
>> I've been struggling with mythweb for a bit. It was working; now it's =
not. It's been that way for at least a month. Can't tell if this is =
something I induced or if it's a bug. Help me out, folks.
>>=20
>> The error in the browser I'm getting is:
>>=20
>>  Fatal error: Class 'MythBase' not found in =
/s/usr-local/www/mythweb/classes/Translate.php on line 16
>>=20
>> I look for a MythBase, but only find pointers.
>>=20
>>  [root@mythtv /usr/local/www/mythweb]# grep -Ri MythBase .
>>  ./classes/Translate.php:class Translate extends MythBase {
>>  ./modules/tv/classes/Channel.php:class Channel extends MythBase {
>>  ./modules/tv/classes/Program.php:class Program extends MythBase {
>>  ./modules/tv/classes/Schedule.php:class Schedule extends MythBase {
>>  grep: ./data/video_covers: No such file or directory
>>  grep: ./data/video: No such file or directory
>>  [root@mythtv /usr/local/www/mythweb]#
>>=20
>> Googling to the error leads me to a page that mentions bindings, but =
I couldn't find any such files even with a comprehensive 'find / -name =
bindings'.
>>=20
>> Compiling Common Binaries For Multiple Frontends
>> =
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Compiling_Common_Binaries_For_Multiple_Fronten=
ds>
>>=20
>> Suggestions?
>=20
> You are probably missing the bindings from multimedia/mythtv
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/bindings/php/MythBase.php
>=20
> The port may need to be patched as bindings appear to be always off, =
alas not had time to offer patch for pkg-plist.

That patch helped, in fact is was invaluable, but it wasn't the only =
piece to the possible.

Please recall that mythweb worked fine as of two months ago, then it =
broke. To fix it:

1. Apply patch previously attached to his email.
  a. Copy patch to '/usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv'.
  b. run 'patch < mythtv.patch'.
2. Turn on bindings for mythtv.
  a. 'cd /usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv'
  b. 'patch < mythtv.patch'
3. Re-compile mythtv.
  a. 'make reinstall'
  b. '/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mythbackend restart'
4. Install PHP 5.3. PHP 5.4 no longer supports call by reference.
  a. 'cd /usr/ports/lang/php53'
  b. 'make install'
5. Configure PHP 5.3 to allow call by reference.
  a. 'cd /usr/local/etc'
  b. 'cp php.ini-development php.ini'
  c. Change "allow_call_time_pass_reference" from "Off" to "On" in =
php.ini.
6. Install mythweb.
  a. 'cd /usr/ports/www/mythplugin-mythweb'
  b. 'make reinstall'

If mythweb has never been configured to work with Apache, then that =
should also be done.

I'm still getting familiar with the ports system. If it's possible, I'd =
suggest preventing lang/php5 (aka PHP 5.4) from installing when =
compiling mythweb. There's probably some other stuff than could be done =
too, but again I don't know ports very well.

Alan, thanks for your help. My wife is quite happy her "So You Think You =
Can Dance" shows will be recorded. ;-)

Cheers,
Jason

P.S. Doh! Resending. Forgot to send to the list.

--=20
Jason Wohlford
<jason@wohlford.org>
<http://wohlford.org/>;