Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:38:58 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Klintrup?= <soren@klintrup.dk>
To:        "Karl M. Joch" <k.joch@kmjeuro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Software for distribution of configuration files and changes

Karl M. Joch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have searched alot for a software to:
>
> - distribut configuration files from one master to different systems
> - maintain configuration files on one machine for all systemes and then send
> it out
> - push the files, not download them like cvsup
> - maintaining files for all systems and files only affecting one system
>
> any ideas and hints would be greatly appreziatet.

I've used cfengine for the past 4-5 years and can definately recommend
it, more info on http://www.cfengine.net

Cfengine maintains files and changes for a single system without
problems, however it is primarily made for generic changes across a
large number of systems, so if most of the changes are unique to each
host, you probably want to look at something else.

regards,

Søren