Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:47:11 -0500
From:      Rick N <solarux@hotmail.com>
To:        <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>, <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: A theory on why microsoft makes such crappy stuff after all these years

Bill Gates=2C and General Motors:

=20

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way comp=
uters have enhanced our lives=2C read on.
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX)=2C Bill Gates reportedly "compared" the =
computer industry with the auto industry and stated=2C

'If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has=2C we wou=
ld all be driving $25 cars that got 1=2C000 miles to the gallon.'
tating:

 If GM had developed technology like Microsoft=2C we would all be driving c=
ars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):
1. For no reason whatsoever=2C your car would crash.........Twice a day.
2.. Every time they repainted the lines in the road=2C you would have to bu=
y a new car.
3... Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You woul=
d have to pull to the side of the road=2C close all of the windows=2C shut =
off the car=2C restart it=2C and reopen the windows before you could contin=
ue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally=2C executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause you=
r car to shut down and refuse to restart=2C in which case you would have to=
 reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun=2C was reliable=
=2C five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only f=
ive percent of the roads.
6. The oil=2C water temperature=2C and alternator warning lights would all =
be replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation' warni=
ng light.
I love the next one!!!
7. The airbag system would ask 'Are you sure?' before deploying.
8. Occasionally=2C for no reason whatsoever=2C your car would lock you out =
and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle=2C=
 turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how t=
o drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the sa=
me manner as the old car.
10. You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine off.
PS - I'd like to add that when all else fails=2C you could call 'customer s=
ervice' in some foreign country and be instructed in some foreign language =
how to fix your car yourself!!!!

Please share this with your friends who love - but sometimes hate - their W=
indows computer!

=20

cheers=2C

:)