Date:      Thu, 13 May 2010 11:15:20 -0400
From:      dieterbsd@engineer.com
To:        seanbru@yahoo-inc.com
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firewire debugging session at BSDCan

> If you have active Firewire issues that you would like reviewed,=20
please
> retest and document your problem and post it here.
>
> I will try to get together with some folks here at BSDCan and work out
> what I have broken or what needs to be enhanced.

kern/113785: [firewire] dropouts when playing DV on firewire
Still cannot get VIA VT6307 controller to go into "non CYCLEMASTER=20
mode".
No workaround.

kern/118093: firewire bus reset hogs CPU, causing data to be lost
Firewire driver must be locking out other drivers (e.g. ethernet)
when it shouldn't.  I still think it is a locking/mutex type problem.
Why does the firewire driver need to lock out Ethernet?
The new rs-232 driver in 8.0 didn't fix this.  Workaround: change
printfs to log(9) so that it doesn't print to console.