Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 11:10:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Packages for kde 2.2.2 (summary)

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 09:43:37PM -0500, doug@safeport.com wrote:
>
> > It would appear to me that as Kris Kennaway something happened to the
> > version in the packages-4.5-stable. Whether this is a broken symlink or
> > build I haven't a clue.
         ------------------
                ^^^ Well the above is certainly true. I would not have
thought that worthy of a response. It is also true that the two links so
kindly provided contained the same files at least by size and date. I
downloaded kdebase and kdelibs to compare them. I did not bother to try
and see if they were the same physical files. Much of that tree is
symlinked around.

I took your statement to mean it was an error that the
packages-4.5-stable dir did not contain all the kde package files.

Installing kdebase and kdelibs via pkg_add works fine although I had to
use -f as the dependency file wanted gettext-0.10.35_1. As far as I have
tested kde 2.2.2 works fine with gettext-0.10.35 which I had installed.

Except for starting up and the help it works pretty well on a 133 MHz
laptop but I would love to see a "kde lite" which was lean and mean.

> This is not true, as pointed out by several others.
>
> Kris

_____
Douglas Denault
doug@safeport.com