Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:51:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Milan Salajka <milan@salajka.cz>
Cc:        Ken Menzel <kenm@icarz.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mysql: a lot of lost connections...

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Milan Salajka wrote:

> > Milan,  4.1.1 Release has different thread bugs,  at least for me
> > MySQL crashed randomly about once per week.
>
> 4.2-STABLE doesn't work, latest release (4.2) doesn't work,
> previous release (4.1.1) has bugs too... uff, what is the
> recommended FREEBSD version for MYSQL ? LINUX ?
> many people use APACHE, PHP & MYSQL trio on
> FreeBSD, but it seems, that RELENG_4 isn't good choice.
>
> my 'upgrades': 4.2-stable -> 4.2-release -> 4.1.1-release
> when it will end ? ;o)))
>
> Milan

  As has been mentioned on this list, you can use 4.2-STABLE, but you must
change the compiler.

  4.2-RELEASE has a known mutex bug that was discussed on this list and
fixed about two days after the release.  Since this was a well-known bug,
why on earth did you even bother with 4.2-RELEASE?

Tom
Uniserve