Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:58:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        gena@NetVision.net.il
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: xforms compatibility

 * According to the author there shouldn't be any incompatibilities
 * between 0.88 and 0.88.1 (there are only two or three functions added
 * in 0.88.1 all API stayed the same).
 *
 * Maybe the problem you described was caused by something else.

Probably, but what about before 0.88?  The fact that the shared
library version is still at 0.XX means that either there never has
been an incompatibility or there has been a point where the shlib
version wasn't updated correctly.

 * Hmm, this can be done. However xfmail-1.3 will ONLY link with
 * xforms-0.88.1 (configure checks for it).

Maybe next time something changes in xforms.  It's ok now (I believe),
but I also remember some other port not compiling before because of
xforms being changed under its feet.

Thanks
Satoshi