Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:52:26 -0500
From:      Damian Gerow <damian@sentex.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Panics with GnuPG

I've been running -CURRENT on my workstation for a couple of months, and
have been quite impressed.  But I've started seeing pretty consistant panics
when verifying PGP-signed messages.

Everything was fine until I cvsup'ed about two weeks ago, and is still
apparent in another cvsup as of March 10.  So a rough timeline, I *wasn't*
panic'ing about a month ago, and I am now.  Anyone else seen something
similar?

I've managed to write down the actual panic twice (no panic to screen if
you're in X), and they both look pretty similar.  It seems to be caused
directly by GnuPG trying to import a key it doesn't have from a keyserver.
So it's not difficult to work around, but it'd be nice to have this
working again.  :)

Here's the panic:

  Fatal trap 12: page fault in kernel mode
  fault virtual address   = 0x20
  fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
  instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc023faf6
  stack pointer           = 0x10:0xdf10faa0
  frame pointer           = 0x10:0xdf10fac4
  code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                          = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
  processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
  current process         = 11 (swi1: net)
  trap number             = 12
  panic: page fault

And I just reproduced the panic, by typing:

% gpg --recv-key BB6BC940

In case anyone asks, yes, it is the same version of GnuPG, and yes, I have
already tried recompiling it since the new buildworld.