Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2019 00:34:48 +0100
From:      Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>
Subject:   Re: AMDGPU RX580 OpenCL

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 8:01 AM Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
>         Do you not get this in Xorg.0.log ?
>
> [    45.939] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/local/lib/dri/amdgpu_dri.so
> failed (Cannot open "/usr/local/lib/dri/amdgpu_dri.so")
>
>         If not what did you do to prevent it ?

Hello Steve! I hope Greg's hints helped you out - its just matter of
installing graphics/amdgpu and proper dri kernel driver - I am
building/using latest ones from port tree.

Btw - most of the time AMDGPU does not produce the usable workstation
setup - loading amdgpu from boot.loader does not work (cannot load
firmware because / is not yet mounted) and loading it from rc.conf
makes my screen unusable - this is why I am using SCFB for X11 for now
and just play with AMDGPU from shell (also using SSH)..