Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:24:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew Gordon <arg@arg1.demon.co.uk>
To:        Quinton Dolan <q@fan.net.au>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA driver for New Media EthernetLAN (Livewire)

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Quinton Dolan wrote:
> This is a quick query as to whether anyone is working on/or plans to
> work on a device driver for the NMC Livewire PCMCIA card.

No.  I bought one by mistake (thinking it was an NE2000-compatible);
for me, it was more cost-effective to buy another card than to write the
driver.

> I have one such card and have been playing around with the idea, with
> little success so far. Any suggestions on where to obtain documentation
> about writing for the FreeBSD pccard services are also welcome.

Documentation on the chip (AM79C940) is readily available from AMD's web
site; note however that this chip is _not_ (even slightly) compatible
with the other similarly-numbered chips for which FreeBSD drivers already
exist.  The AMD datasheet appears to give all the info needed to write a
driver, but you will be starting from scratch.