Date:      Wed, 7 May 1997 12:40:50 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        danny@panda.hilink.com.au (Daniel O'Callaghan)
Cc:        archie@whistle.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: divert still broken?

In some mail from Daniel O'Callaghan, sie said:

> On Tue, 6 May 1997, Archie Cobbs wrote:
>
> > Proposal:
> >
> > 	deny			: drop silently (same as before)
> > 	reject			: send ICMP unreachable (same as before)
>
> [...good proposal snipped..]
>
> Looks great.
>
> > Anything else? :-)
>
> Can't think of anything, offhand.  Other than splitting up the ipfw rule
> lists so there is a general list and a list per interface.  Having
> interface lists would speed up searching for rules.

attaching them to "struct ifnet *" could be interesting (I looked at doing
this long ago but it wasn't "portable" enough to be worth my while).

increases the complexity of managing it all though.

one list -> one way it can be processed

easy to check, easy to manage, easy to verify - in one's head anyway.