Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 1996 10:55:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Eliel Cassiano Muniz <ElielM@metalleve.com.br>
Cc:        "'smtp:questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Live File System

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, Eliel Cassiano Muniz wrote:

> Hi !
>      Dear friends, how can I use my Live file system CD ? Can I boot from it
> ?

I don't think you can boot from it, but you can use it for the sources --
make an lndir tree of /usr/src/sys from the CD, and save yourself some disk
space.  Then when you need to recompile, pop the CD in, and use as normal.

There are many other potential uses.  Sample configs, pre-expanded files...