Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:38:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        wghicks@bellsouth.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/lang/perl5

 * I see that perl5 port has been marked broken for OSVERSION > 300003,
 * reasoning that perl5 is now part of the base system.
 *
 * It's understandable that a known, tested version is desirable for
 * the base system but having the port marked broken seems wrong to me.
 *
 * Is there some conflict I am not aware of that forces this situation?

Not really.  We just thought it would be wasteful to do it in any
case, since the maintainer of the system and port perl5 are the same
(markm) and he vowed to keep their versions in sync.

By the way, if you really want to do it, you can define NO_IGNORE when
you compile and install the port.

Satoshi