Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:24:40 -0500
From:      LPW <lpwang@stoner.sinet.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ether Express 16 ix driver

Hello all,
I am completely perplexed.  I initially installed free bsd on a 486 DX4100 with an adaptec 2842 and I also had an ide drive.  I have an Intel Ether Express 16 card which works when I've tested it with NT.  I have used softset and set it to irq 10, 0x300.  Now because I need the IDE drive for something else, I tried to install free bsd 2.2.2 on the scsi drive.  The Ether Express is not seen.  When am I doing wrong?