Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2016 02:09:58 -0400
From:      Bryan Horstmann-Allen <bdha@mirrorshades.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   mfsroot size limit on BBB?

Hi folks!

I'm working on a Beaglebone Black project. FreeBSD/arm has worked great in all
my testing thus far. Really excited by the possibilities here.

My next goal is to run everything out of an mfsroot. However, if I make the
mfsroot any bigger than 50MB, the system hangs and then reboots itself before
booting.

I've tried bumping NKPT2NG in

  src/sys/arm/include/pmap-v6.h

to 60-80 with no luck. With the default, and the <50MB mfsroot, I can boot.

Is there a hard limit on KPT/mfsroot on BBB, or am I tweaking the wrong
variable?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Cheers.
--