Date:      Mon, 15 May 1995 09:54:08 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   IP version 6 implementation

Some of you may be keeping track of what's happening with the next phase of
IP.  Is anyone looking to do this, or do we hope to swipe code from some CS
dept. or what's planned? I've subscribed to some of the relevant lists, and
people are starting their interoperability testing shortly (DEC are planning
on Level1 and some Level 2 testing at TCP/IP WORLD). The sockets API is
already done and various protocols are partway there (Dynamic Address
configuration, ARP, et cetera) There are also specs for tunneling IPv6 packets
through IPv4.

	Stephen

        I do not speak for the Worker's Compensation Board of Queensland -
                     They don't pay me enough for that!