Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:47:23 +0100 (MET)
From:      Peter B <pb@ludd.luth.se>
To:        steve@sohara.org (Steve O'Hara-Smith)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bt878 builtin audio adc + 2xBug

Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
>On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 06:24:06 +0100 (MET)
>Peter B <pb@ludd.luth.se> wrote:
>
>PB> Indeed on a linux 2.4.18 installation there is a driver:
>PB>   /usr/src/linux/drivers/sound/btaudio.c
>PB> And documentation:
>PB>   /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/btaudio
>PB>   Which says it supports two modes: digital via I2S and normal adc.
>PB>   And it will only record audio.
>
>	Sounds ripe for a port into the pcm framework.

Question is if anyone will do it =)
Althought it should be quite straightforward. Neither audio, pci, or bt878 is
anything new.

>	The white noise is I think an A7V333 problem - I get bus noise
>through mine.

It's quite severe when it's there:
  http://wave.campus.luth.se/~pb/tmp/brooktree_recordnoise.wav

Normal noise is quite ok althought:
  http://wave.campus.luth.se/~pb/tmp/brooktree_record.wav

>	The freeze up is strange!

It smells kernel allocation long way. But I read the kernel config and it seems
to allocate the appropiete number of pages. Maybe one should increase it more
than it says.
"options BROOKTREE_ALLOC_PAGES=xxx" might be the fix..