Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:37:03 -0700
From:      "Elitetek" <freebsd@tekrealm.net>
To:        "Doug Wilson" <want_2_learn_freebsd@hotmail.com>, "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: please help with pcmcia nic...

> > > I have a laptop running FreeBSD 4.2 Release.  It has a 3Com Megahertz
> Model
> > > 3CCFE575BT 10/100 Base-TX PCMCIA which I bought a few weeks ago.

I believe the problem here is that this card is a 32bit Card, thus is
CardBus, which isnt
supported correctly under FreeBSD 4.x, You can try the NEWCARD kernel, but i
havent seen very good support out of that (although i havent tried myself
since about
4.1)

If i am wrong, someone please correct me, but i do beleive this is the
cause.

Andrew