Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 18:13:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      jadeite <jadeite@light.pomona.edu>
To:        Jack W Doyle <n9ogk@juno.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vi question

Well,
	You can type (within vi) :set wrapmargin=#, where # is the size of
the right margin that will be used to autowrap the text as you type.  You
can type :set wrapmargin? to find out the default value.  If you would
like this to be set everytime you start up vi, you call make a .exrc file
in your home directory and that will be your default configuration.  If
you would like shortcut keys, you can type "map shortcut_keys
sequence_of_commands"  eg.  map nw :set wrapmargin=0
Hope this helps.