Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 13:13:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
Cc:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk (Poul-Henning Kamp), julian@whistle.com, jwd@unx.sas.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current kernel problems (spec_getpages & vm_fault)

    That fixes a problem with ccd, but not the one causing John's failures.

    You will note that with John's failure's the I/O is properly page-aligned.
    The fix to ccd deals with a misalignment problem.

    But I believe I have found the problem... it is a bug in vm/swap_pager.c
    that occurs when you have more then one swap partition.  The code is
    improperly crossing a physical disk device boundry and vm/vm_swap.c
    is returning a failure because of that.

    For example, if you attempt to read 8K from a swap-backed VN device and
    4K of it is in one swap partition and the other 4K is in another,
    vm/swap_pager.c is not properly breaking up the transaction.

    I'll have a fix in a moment.

						-Matt

:which would be this commit...
:
:phk         1999/08/26 07:46:11 PDT
:
:  Modified files:
:    sys/dev/ccd          ccd.c
:  Log:
:  Initialize the dev->si_bsize fields.
:
:  Submitted by: tegge
:  Reviewed by:  phk
:
:  Revision  Changes    Path
:  1.53      +5 -1      src/sys/dev/ccd/ccd.c
:
:
:   I need to figure out why my 11:30am EST cvsup didn't pick
:this file up. It's 44 minutes infront of cvsup...
:
:Thanks!
:john